Toddler Rushed To Hospital After Accidentally Swallowing Mother´s Hash

The mother of a 15-month-old girl has been arrested after her daughter reportedly swallowed her hashish stash and needed hospital treatment.

The 31-year-old mother was arrested in the city of Dos Hermanas in the southern Spanish region of Andalusia after the incident on 18th January.

The woman, name not disclosed, said she left the toddler in the care of a friend in a park when the youngster swallowed a piece of plastic. However, it was later revealed that the toddler had swallowed a chunk of hashish at home, according to the local authorities.

The police were alerted to the incident when the toddler was rushed to hospital.

The mother was interviewed by the police’s Family and Women’s Unit (UFAM) telling them that she left her daughter in the care of a family friend at a park when she swallowed a piece of plastic.

After interviewing the medics who treated the young girl, the mother, and the family pal, the police found that the women’s statements did not add up.

The police said that the investigation revealed that they were both habitual cannabis users and the toddler had ingested a chunk of hashish while playing at home.

Local media said the mother also breastfed the tot while consuming drugs, potentially causing harm to her young daughter.

The woman was charged for the crimes of injury and omission of the duties inherent to parental authority.

The investigation continues.